Harlesden, a hamlet and rapidly increasing Metropolitan; district in Willesden parish, Middlesex, adjacent to the forkings of the L. & N.W.R. from London to Kilburn, Watford, and Brentford, 1 mile S of Willesden, and 1½ WNW from Kensal Green. The nearest stations are Willesden and Kensal Green, and it has several post, money order, and telegraph offices in the north-west Metropolitan suburban district. There is a court-house which is used for the Harlesden petty sessions and for public meetings, a police station, and a wharf in the Grand Junction Canal. The ecclesiastical district of All Souls, formed in 1875, comprises small portions of the adjoining parishes of Acton and Hammersmith. The church, consecrated in 1879, is a building of brick in the Early English style. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of London; net yearly value, £300, in the gift of the Crown and the Bishop of London alternately. There are Baptist, Roman Catholic, Free Methodist, Presbyterian, Reformed Episcopal, and Wesleyan chapels.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Middlesex is online.
Online maps of Harlesden are available from a number of sites: