UK Genealogy Archives logo

Halliford, Middlesex

Historical Description

Halliford, a manor and two hamlets on the SW border of Middlesex. The manor lies on the river Thames, 3 miles ENE of Chertsey, belongs to the Campbell family, and has a post, money order, and telegraph office of the name of Shep-pcrton (R.S.O.) The hamlets are Lower Halliford and Upper Halliford, and the former is in Shepperton parish, the latter in Sunbnry parish.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5