Dalston, a chapelry in St John Hackney parish, Middlesex, on the North London railway, contiguous to Hackney, 3 miles NNE of St Paul's, London. It was constituted in 1848, and contains some old houses, but principally new ones, and the German hospital. The living bears the name of St Philip's, and is a vicarage in the diocese of London; value, £370. Patron, the Rector of St John-Hackney. The church was built in 1841, at a cost of £5700. The first vicar of St Philip's was Rev. E. H. Landen, brother of the poetess. There is another church, St Mark's, with separate incumbency, the income of which is derived from voluntary offerings amounting to about £800 per annum. Holy Trinity church and parish have been separated from St Philips since 1879. The living is valued at £600 per annum. Patrons, the Merchant Tailors.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Dalston from the following:
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Middlesex is online.
Online maps of Dalston are available from a number of sites: