Crouch End, Middlesex
Crouch End, a northern suburb of London, and an ecclesiastical parish in Hornsey civil parish, Middlesex, 5 miles N by W of St Paul's, London, with a post, money order, and telegraph office under London, N, and a station on the Edgware branch of the G.N.R. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of London; net yearly value, £230 with residence, Patron, the Bishop of London. The church is a building of stone in the Early English style. There are also Baptist and Congregational chapels. The Hornsey Government School of Art at Crouch End Hill was established in 1882 for the exclusive study of art.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Edmonton|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Crouch End from the following:
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Middlesex is online.
Online maps of Crouch End are available from a number of sites: