Childs Hill, Middlesex
Childs-Hill, an ecclesiastical parish, formed in 1857, in the civil parish of Hendon, Middlesex. It has a station called Childs-Hill and Cricklewood on the M.R., and is about 2 miles S from Hendon on the road to Finchley. It is in the NW suburban postal district. Population, 5525. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of London; value, variable. The church is a modern building of stone in the 14th century Gothic style, and was erected in 1855. There are also Baptist and Wesleyan chapels.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Middlesex is online.
Online maps of Childs Hill are available from a number of sites: