Brondesbury, an ancient hamlet in Willesden parish, Middlesex, adjoining Kilburn and West Hampstead, 2 miles E of Willesden, and 3 from the Marble Arch, Hyde Park, on the main high road to Edgeware. Population, 5622. It has stations on the North London and Metropolitan railways, and is being rapidly covered with houses. It gives the name to a prebendal stall in St Paul's Cathedral, its lands having been attached to that office from a remote period, and it was formed into an ecclesiastical district in 1867. The district includes portions of the parishes of Willesden and Kilburn, with the hamlet of Mapesbury which, like Brondesbury, furnishes the name to a prebendal stall in the Metropolitan Cathedral. The church, erected in 1866 at a cost of £9000, defrayed by the Rev. W. C. Williams, D.D., F.R.A.S., is a building of stone in the Early English style. The living is a rectory in the diocese of London; gross yearly value, £275 (a rectory-house was built in 1892). There is a Baptist chapel and an English Presbyterian church, the latter erected in 1888-89.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Middlesex is online.
Online maps of Brondesbury are available from a number of sites: