Stroud Green, Middlesex
Stroud Green, a rapidly increasing suburb of London, formerly a hamlet of Hornsey, about 5 miles N from St Paul's, situated on an eminence beyond Finsbury Park, which it adjoins. It has a station on the High Barnet branch of the G.N.R., also the Harringay station on the G.N.R. which touches the boundary of the parish, and the M. R. has a station at Crouch Hill. It is in the N. Metropolitan Postal District. The ecclesiastical parish of Holy Trinity was formed in 1881 out of the ancient parish of Homsey, and has a population of 8554. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of London; gross value, £500, in the gift of the Bishop of London. The church, erected in 1880 at a cost of about £12,000, is a building of brick in the Early English style, consisting of chancel with side chapel, transept, nave, aisles, S porch, organ chamber, and western turret. There are a large Baptist chapel, a building of red brick in the Early Geometric style, which was erected in 1888-89; a Congregational chapel, a building of red brick and terra-cotta erected in 1893-94; and in Ferme Park Road there is another Baptist chapel, erected in 1889. Adjoining Stroud Green is the suburb of Harringay, in the Hornsey and Tottenham parishes. It has stations on the G.N.R. and M.R., and is in The N. Metropolitan Postal District. The ecclesiastical parish of St Paul was formed in 1892. The church was erected in 1890-91.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Middlesex is online.