Holloway, a village in Dethwick chapelry, Ashover parish, Derbyshire, on a bold acclivity near the Cromford Canal, 3½ miles NE of Wirksworth, and 1 mile from Whatstandwell station on the M.R. It has a post and money order office under Matlock Bath; telegraph office, Lea Bridge. There are Free and Primitive Methodist chapels.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Derbyshire is online.
Online maps of Holloway are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Derbyshire papers online: