Belgravia, the southern wing of the West End of London. It is bounded on the N by Knightsbridge, on the E by Grosvenor Square, on the SE by Ebury Street, and on the W by Sloane Street. It stands on ground, originally marshy, belonging to the Marquis of Westminster, and was built chiefly in 1826-52. It includes Belgrave and Eaton Squares; has generally large, regular, elegant houses; and is highly fashionable.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Middlesex is online.