Whaplode Drove, Lincolnshire
Whaplode Drove, an ecclesiastical district, with a village, in Whaplode parish, Lincolnshire, 2½ miles from Postland station on the G.N. and G.E. Joint railway. It has a post and money order office under Wisbech; telegraph office, Postland station. Population, 765. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Lincoln; net value, £400 with residence. The church is a plain structure of brick.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Holbeach|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for Whaplode Drove:
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Whaplode Drove from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Whaplode-Drove)
Online maps of Whaplode Drove are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: