Swinethorpe with Harby, Lincolnshire
Swinethorpe, formerly an extra-parochial tract in Lincolnshire, was formed into an ecclesiastical parish in 1874, and annexed to the parish of Harby in Nottinghamshire. It is 9 miles from Lincoln, and 3½ NW from Thorpe station on the Nottingham and Lincoln branch of the M.R. Post town and money order office, Lincoln; telegraph office, Thorpe (R.S.) Acreage, 1048; population, 45. The manor anciently belonged to the Knights Hospitallers, and is now the property of the Curteis family.
Online maps of Swinethorpe with Harby are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: