Spittlegate, Houghton, and Walton, Lincolnshire
Spittlegate, Houghton, and Walton, a township and an ecclesiastical parish in Grantham parish, Lincolnshire, adjacent to Grantham. Acreage of township, 2261; population, 6246. Extensive foundries are here, covering an area of about 17 acres, and giving employment to about 1500 workpeople. There are also two breweries, some mailings, ironworks, a corn mill, and some brickfields. See GRANTHAM.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Grantham|
|Wapentake||Winnibriggs and Threo|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for Spittlegate:
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Spittlegate, Houghton, and Walton from the following:
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: