Hazlewood, a township and an ecclesiastical parish m Duffield parish, Derbyshire. The township lies on the river Derwent and the M.R., 1½ mile NNW of Dnffield, 2½ miles. SSW of Belper, and 135 from London, and has a station on. The M.R. Post town, Derby; money order office, Belper; telegraph office, Duffield. Acreage, 1232; population, 398. Chevin House and The Knowle are chief residences. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1846. Population, 702. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Southwell y net value, £196 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Southwell. The church was built in 1846, and consists of nave and chancel, with a porch. There is a Wesleyan chapeL
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Belper|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Hazlewood from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Hazlewood)
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Derbyshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Derbyshire papers online: