Saltfleetby St Clement, Lincolnshire
Saltfleetby St Clement, a parish in Lincolnshire, on the coast, 1 mile E from Saltfleetby station on the Louth and East Coast branch of the G.N.R., and 7 miles by rail E from Louth. Post town, Louth; money order and telegraph office, North Somercotes. Acreage, 1164; population of the civil parish, 98; of the ecclesiastical, 115. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln; net value, £156 with residence. The church, erected in 1885-86 at a cost of over £2000, chiefly defrayed by the Rev. H. Usher, a former rector, is a building of Ancaster stone in the Early English style. It has some good stained windows and some mural pictures in tile-work.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Saltfleetby St. Clement|
|Poor Law union||Louth|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with the Lincolnshire Archives, have the following parish records online for Saltfleetby St Clement:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Saltfleetby St Clement from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Saltfleetby (St. Clement))
Online maps of Saltfleetby St Clement are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: