North Owersby, Lincolnshire
Owersby, North, a village and a parish in Lincolnshire. The village stands 3½ miles E of the river Ancholme, 4 WNW of Usselby station on the Hull and Lincoln branch of the M.S. & L.R., and 5 NW by N of Market Rasen. It has a post office under Market Rasen; money order and telegraph office, Market Rasen. Acreage, 3443; population of the civil parish, 390; of the ecclesiastical, with Kirkby St Andrew with Osgodby, 814. The manor belongs to the Angerstein family, who are also sole landowners. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Kirkby-cum-Osgodby, in the diocese of Lincoln; net value, £320 with residence. The church is a neat modern edifice of stone in the Norman style. It was restored in 1888. There are also Free Methodist and Wesleyan chapels.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Online maps of North Owersby are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: