Langriville or Langrick Ville, Lincolnshire
Langriville or Langrick Ville, a township and a parish in Lincolnshire, on the river Witham, with a station on the G.N.R., 5 miles NW of Boston. Post town and money order office, Boston; telegraph office, Langrick station. Acreage, 3309; population, 397. The land was once fen, but was drained in 1812, and the parish, at first only a chapelry, was then constituted. The consolidated chapelry of Wildmore, which includes Langriville, is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Lincoln; gross value, £300 with residence, in the gift of the Bishop of Lincoln. The church is a red brick structure of 1828.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Boston|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Langriville or Langrick Ville from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Langrick-Ville)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: