Laneham, a parish and a village in Notts, on the river Trent, at the boundary with Lincolnshire, 2½ miles SSW of Cottam railway station and 5½ NE of Tuxford, with a post office under Lincoln; money order office, Eampton; telegraph office, Newton-on-Trent. Acreage, 1589; population, 328. The Ecclesiastical Commissioners are lords of the manor. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Southwell; gross value,, £182 with residence. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of York. The church is old but good, with a tower. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Laneham St. Peter|
|Poor Law union||East Retford|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Laneham from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Laneham (St. Peter))
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: