Keadby, a village and a township in Althorpe parish, Lincolnshire. The village stands on the river Trent, at the end of the Staintorth and Keadby Canal, half a mile W from the Althorpe and Keadby station on the M.S. & L.R., and 4 miles E by S from Crowie, with a post, money order, and telegraph office under Doncaster. Acreage, 1591; population, 592. There is a large wharf for the shipping of coals, and the Hull and Gainsborough steamers stop here daily. There is a Primitive Methodist and a Wesleyan chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Thorne|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Keadby from the following:
Online maps of Keadby are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lincolnshire papers online: