Woodville, an ecclesiastical parish in Leicestershire, 3½ miles NW of Ashby-de-la-Zouch. It was constituted in 1847, and has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Burton-upon-Trent, and a station on the Burton and Ashby branch of the M.R. Population, 2481. The manor belongs to Lord Donington. The manufacture of earthenware, fire-bricks, and sanitary ware is carried on. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough; net value, £210 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Peterborough. The church, built in 1846, is a building of stone in the Norman style, and there are Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Ashbyde la Zouch|
|Poor Law union||Ashby-de-la-Zouch|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Woodville from the following:
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Leicestershire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Leicestershire newspapers online: