Upton, a township in Sibson parish, Leicestershire, 4 miles SW of Market Bosworth, and 2 SW from Shenton station on the M.R. and L. & N.W.R. Post town, Nuneaton; money order and telegraph office, Market Bosworth. Acreage, 1327; population, 105.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Market-Bosworth|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Upton from the following:
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Leicestershire is online.
Online maps of Upton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Leicestershire newspapers online: