Findern, a parish formed from that of Mickleover, Derbyshire, on the Grand: Trunk Canal, and on the Birmingham and Derby railway, near the river Trent, about 1¼mile N of Willington railway station, and 5 SSW of Derby. It has a post office under Derby; money order and telegraph office, Willington, Area, 1679 acres; population, 412. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Southwell; gross value, £120. The church was built in 1864 on the site of a previous edifice, is in the Early English style, and has a nave 38 feet long, and a chancel 24 feet. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Hundred||Morleston and Litchurch|
|Poor Law union||Burton-upon-Trent|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Findern from the following:
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Derbyshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Derbyshire papers online: