Primethorpe, a hamlet and a village in Broughton Astley parish, Leicestershire, 6½ miles NNW of Lutterworth.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Civil parish||Broughton Astley|
|Poor Law union||Lutterworth|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Primethorpe from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Prime-Thorp)
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Leicestershire is online.
Online maps of Primethorpe are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Leicestershire newspapers online: