Newton Burgoland, Leicestershire
Newton Burgoland, a hamlet in the parish of Swepstone, Leicestershire, 1 mile SE of Swepstone village. The manor belongs to Earl Howe. There are Congregational, Primitive Methodist, and Wesleyan chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Ashby-de-la-Zouch|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Newton Burgoland from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Newton-Burgoland)
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Leicestershire is online.
Online maps of Newton Burgoland are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Leicestershire newspapers online: