Holy Oakes, Leicestershire
Holy Oakes, a liberty formerly in Stoke Dry parish, Rutland, but which was transferred in 1885 by Local Government order to Stockerston parish, Leicestershire, near the river Eye, 3 miles NNW from Rockingham.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Uppingham|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Holy Oakes from the following:
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Leicestershire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Leicestershire newspapers online: