New Bury, Lancashire
Bury, New, an ecclesiastical parish, formed in 1865 from the parish of Farnworth-cum-Kearsley, in the civil parish of Deane, Lancashire, 2 miles SE of Bolton, which is the post town. Population, 5627. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Manchester; value, £350, in the gift of five trustees. The church was built in 1864.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Lancashire Archives, have images of the Parish Registers for Lancashire online.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Lancashire is available to browse.
Online maps of New Bury are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lancashire newspapers online: