Hulton, Middle, Lancashire
Hulton, Middle, a township in Deane parish, Lancashire, near the Bolton and Leigh railway, 3¼ miles SSW of Bolton. Acreage, 1517; population, 2703. Post, money order, and telegraph office, Daub Hill, under Bolton. The manor belongs to the Earl of Ellesmere. The inhabitants attend the church at Deane.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Bolton|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Lancashire Archives, have images of the Parish Registers for Lancashire online.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Hulton, Middle from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Hulton, Middle)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Lancashire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lancashire newspapers online: