Dalbury, a township and a parish in Derbyshire, on an affluent of the river Dove, 4 miles NNW of Egginton railway station, and 5½ SW by W of Derby. There is a post office called Dalbury Lees under Derby; money order and telegraph office, Brailsford. The township includes Lees. Acreage, 1192; population, 177. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Southwell; net value, £195 with residence. The churcL is old but good, and contains some richly stained windows. There is a mission room and a Primitive Methodist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Dalbury All Saints|
|Poor Law union||Burton-upon-Trent|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Dalbury from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Dalbury (All Saints))
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Derbyshire is online.
Online maps of Dalbury are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Derbyshire papers online: