Cowan Bridge, Lancashire
Cowan Bridge, a hamlet in Tunstall parish, Lancashire, near Kirkby Lonsdale station on the L. & N.W.R. It has a post and money order office under Kirkby Lonsdale; telegraph office, Kirkby Lonsdale. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Lancashire Archives, have images of the Parish Registers for Lancashire online.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Lancashire is available to browse.
Online maps of Cowan Bridge are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Lancashire newspapers online: