Conishead Priory or Coningshead, Lancashire
Conishead Priory or Coningshead, was the seat of the Braddyll family, but has been converted into a hydropathic establishment, in Lancashire, on the W side of More-cambe Bay, 2 miles SSE of Ulverston. A priory was founded here in the time of Henry II. by William de Lancaster, baron of Kendal, and went after the dissolution to the Braddylls. It was originally designed as an hospital for the poor of Ulverston, under the charge of the monks of the order of St Augustine. The grounds, which comprise 150 acres, extend to the shores of Morecambe Bay, and command very fine and extensive views.
Ancestry.co.uk, in association with Lancashire Archives, have images of the Parish Registers for Lancashire online.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Lancashire is available to browse.