Chilcote, a township in Clifton-Campville parish, Derbyshire, on the river Mease, at the verge of the county, 3 miles from Measham station on the Ashby and Nuneaton railway, and 6½ SW of Ashby de la Zouch, which is the post town; money order and telegraph office, Ashby de la Zouch. Acreage, 1357; population, 105. The living is annexed to the rectory of Clifton-Campville in the diocese of Lichfield; joint yearly value, £692. The church is a small plain stone building, which was thoroughly renovated in 1885.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Hundred||Repton and Gresley|
|Poor Law union||Tamworth|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Chilcote from the following:
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Derbyshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Derbyshire papers online: