Cauldwell or Caldwell, a township and a chapelry in Stapenhill parish, Derbyshire, 4 miles S of Burton-upon-Trent, which is the post town; money order office, Linton; telegraph office, Gresley. Acreage, 1055; population of the township, 149; of the ecclesiastical parish of Stapenhill with Cauldwell, 5174. There is a Baptist chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Hundred||Repton and Gresley|
|Poor Law union||Burton-upon-Trent|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Cauldwell from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Cauldwell)
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Derbyshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Derbyshire papers online: