Wroxall, Isle of Wight
Wroxall, a village, with a station on the Isle of Wight railway, in the SE of the Isle of Wight, 1½ mile N of Ventnor. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office. The village is increasing in size and importance, and has now the* appearance of a small town. The living is annexed to Newchurch. The church, erected in 1875, is a small cruciform building of stone in the Early English style. There are Primitive Methodist and Bible Christian chapels.
Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5
Online maps of Wroxall are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
The Visitations of Hampshire, 1530, 1575, & 1622-34 is available to view on the Heraldry page.