Seaview, Isle of Wight
Seaview, a village at the NE extremity of the Isle of Wight, round Nettlestone Point, 2¼ miles ESE of Ryde. It is a sea-bathing resort, and has a post, money order, and telegraph office under Ryde, a hotel, a number of lodging-houses, and a small church in the Early English style.
Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5
Online maps of Seaview are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
The Visitations of Hampshire, 1530, 1575, & 1622-34 is available to view on the Heraldry page.