Newbridge, Isle of Wight
Newbridge, a hamlet in the W of the Isle of Wight, on a headstream of the Newton river, 1 mile NW of Calbourne. Spots abounding with fossils and interesting to geologists are numerous in its neighbourhood.
Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5
Online maps of Newbridge are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
The Visitations of Hampshire, 1530, 1575, & 1622-34 is available to view on the Heraldry page.