Monks Bay, Isle of Wight
Monks Bay, a cove on the SE coast of the Isle of Wight, 1½ mile E by N of Ventnor. It was the landing-place of one of the three detachments of the French invading force in 1545.
Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5
Online maps of Monks Bay are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)