Main Bench, Isle of Wight
Main Bench, the finest part of the Freshwater Cliffs in the Isle of Wight, commencing immediately E of Scratchells-Bay, and rising to a height of 600 feet.
Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5
Online maps of Main Bench are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)