Lake, Isle of Wight
Lake, a small village on the E coast of the Isle of Wight, half a mile SW of Sandown.
Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5
Online maps of Lake are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
The Visitations of Hampshire, 1530, 1575, & 1622-34 is available to view on the Heraldry page.