Dunnose, Isle of Wight
Dunnose, a headland on the SE coast of the Isle of Wight, 1½ mile ENE of Ventnor. It forms a bluff chalky point, has a dull brown surface, and is about 200 feet high.
Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5
Online maps of Dunnose are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)