Compton Bay, Isle of Wight
Compton Bay, an encurvature, 2 miles long, on the SW coast of the Isle of Wight, under Af ton Down, 3¼ miles WNW of Brixton. Interesting cliffs line its shores, and are cut by Compton Chine and Compton Grange Chine.
Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5
Online maps of Compton Bay are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)