Clatterford, Isle of Wight
Clatterford, a village in Carisbrooke parish, Isle of Wight, near Carisbrooke Castle, 1½ mile SW of Newport. Massive foundations of Roman masonry have been found here, and traces of a Roman road are observable hence towards Brighstone.
Online maps of Clatterford are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
The Visitations of Hampshire, 1530, 1575, & 1622-34 is available to view on the Heraldry page.