Barton, Isle of Wight
Barton, a chapelry in Whippingham parish, Isle of Wight, 2 miles NE of Newport., See OSBORNE HOUSE.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Barton from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Barton's-Village)
Online maps of Barton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
The Visitations of Hampshire, 1530, 1575, & 1622-34 is available to view on the Heraldry page.