Norman Cross, Huntingdonshire
Norman Cross, a hamlet in the parish of Yaxley, which gives name to a hundred and petty sessional division in the N of Huntingdonshire, lies on Ermine Street, 1 mile N of Stilton, and 13 miles NW of Huntingdon. It was known to the Saxons as Northmannescros, and had barracks for French prisoners during the war with France, in which about 7000 were confined. The Earls of Garysfort take the name of their English barony of Carysfort of Norman Cross from this place. The petty sessions for the Norman Cross divisiop are held weekly at the police station of Norman Cross.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Huntindonshire is available to browse.