Needingworth, a village in Holywell parish, Huntingdonshire, 2 miles ENE of St Ives. It is neatly built, and has a post office under St Ives; money order and telegraph office, St Ives. There are a large Baptist chapel, built in 1861, and a Wesleyan chapel, erected in 1888. Sir Ambrose Nicholas, lord mayor of London in 1576, was a native.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||St. Ives|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Needingworth from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, 1848 (Needingworth)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Huntindonshire is available to browse.