Earith, a township in Bluntisham parish, Huntingdonshire, on the river Ouse, at the boundary with Cambridge, 5¼ miles NE by E from St Ives. It has a post, money order, and telegraph office under St Ives, and fairs on 4 May, 25 July, and 1 Nov., chiefly for cattle. Bulwerks is supposed to be a Roman camp of some 4 acres. There ar— Quaker, Particular and General Baptists, and Wesleyan chapels. Fruit is grown here in considerable quantities, and there is a moderate trade carried on in coal, timber, and building materials.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Huntingdon|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Earith from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Huntindonshire is available to browse.