UK Genealogy Archives logo

Wadesmill, Hertfordshire

Historical Description

Wadesmill, a hamlet in Standon and Thundridge parishes, Herts, 2 miles N of Ware. It has a post office under Ware, and a monument to Thomas Clarkson, the philanthropist, erected in 1879.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyHertfordshire 
Civil parishThundridge 
HundredBraughin 
Poor Law unionBuntingford 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Wadesmill from the following:


Land and Property

A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Hertfordshire is online.


Maps

Online maps of Wadesmill are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Hertfordshire newspapers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitations of Hertfordshire, 1572 and 1634. Edited by Walter C. Metcalfe, F.S.A. is available on the Heraldry page.

DistrictEast Hertfordshire
CountyHertfordshire
RegionEastern
CountryEngland
Postal districtSG12
Post TownWare