Rye House, Hertfordshire
Rye House, a station on the SE border of Herts, on the Hertford branch of the G.E.R., 1 mile NNE of Hoddesdon. The Rye House itself is described in the article under Hoddesdon.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Hertfordshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Hertfordshire newspapers online:
- Hertford Mercury and Reformer
- Herts Guardian, Agricultural Journal, and General Advertiser
- Watford Observer
The Visitations of Hertfordshire, 1572 and 1634. Edited by Walter C. Metcalfe, F.S.A. is available on the Heraldry page.