UK Genealogy Archives logo

Radlett, Hertfordshire

Historical Description

Radlett, a village and an ecclesiastical parish, formed in 1864, in Aldenham civil parish, Herts, on the M.R., on which it has a station, 4½ miles S of St Albans. There is a post, money order, and telegraph office under St Albans. Population of ecclesiastical parish, 544. There is a joint parish council for the ecclesiastical parishes of Aldenham and Radlett consisting of twelve members and a chairman. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Albans; net value, £275 with residence. Patron, the Vicar of Aldenham. The church, erected in 1864, is a building in the Early Decorated style, consisting of chancel, transepts, nave, N porch, and central tower with octagonal broach spire and eight tubular bells.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Hertfordshire is online.


Maps

Online maps of Radlett are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Hertfordshire newspapers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitations of Hertfordshire, 1572 and 1634. Edited by Walter C. Metcalfe, F.S.A. is available on the Heraldry page.

DistrictHertsmere
CountyHertfordshire
RegionEastern
CountryEngland
Postal districtWD7
Post TownRadlett