Leverstock Green, Hertfordshire
Leverstock Green, an ecclesiastical parish in St Michael's, Abbots Langley, and Hemel Hempstead parishes, Herts, near the river Ver, 4½ miles NW of St Albans, and 3 SE from Boxmoor station on the main line of the L. & N.W.R. It was constituted in 1850, and has a post office under Hemel Hempstead; money order and telegraph office, Hemel Hempstead. Population, 712. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Albans; net value, £251. The church, built in 1848, is a building of flint in the Gothic style. There is a Baptist chapel.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Hertfordshire is online.
Online maps of Leverstock Green are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Hertfordshire newspapers online:
- Hertford Mercury and Reformer
- Herts Guardian, Agricultural Journal, and General Advertiser
- Watford Observer
The Visitations of Hertfordshire, 1572 and 1634. Edited by Walter C. Metcalfe, F.S.A. is available on the Heraldry page.