UK Genealogy Archives logo

Langley, Hertfordshire

Historical Description

Langley, a hamlet in Hitchin parish, Herts, 2 miles SW of Stevenage. It consists of a few farms and some labourers' cottages.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyHertfordshire 
Civil parishHitchin 
HundredHitchin and Pirton 
Poor Law unionHitchin 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Langley from the following:


Land and Property

A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Hertfordshire is online.


Maps

Online maps of Langley are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Hertfordshire newspapers online:


Visitations Heraldic

The Visitations of Hertfordshire, 1572 and 1634. Edited by Walter C. Metcalfe, F.S.A. is available on the Heraldry page.

DistrictNorth Hertfordshire
CountyHertfordshire
RegionEastern
CountryEngland
Postal districtSG4
Post TownHitchin