Hyde, West, Hertfordshire
Hyde, West, an ecclesiastical parish in the civil parish of Rickmansworth, Herts, on the river Colne, at the boundary with Middlesex, 2¼ miles SW from Rickmansworth, where there are stations on the L. & N.W.R. and the Metropolitan railway. It was constituted in 1846, and has a post and-money order office under Rickmansworth (R.S.O.); telegraph office, Rickmansworth. Population, 506. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Albans; net yearly value, £189. Patron, the Bishop of St Albans. The church, built in 1845, is a cruciform edifice of flint.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Hertfordshire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Hertfordshire newspapers online:
- Hertford Mercury and Reformer
- Herts Guardian, Agricultural Journal, and General Advertiser
- Watford Observer
The Visitations of Hertfordshire, 1572 and 1634. Edited by Walter C. Metcalfe, F.S.A. is available on the Heraldry page.